Saturday, December 16, 2017

Hot Wheel Cars

lined up left to right 94, 95, 96,
then the full sets in 98-01
So much of our life is on hold.  Packed up in a box for use some other day.  Stored in the attic for some time in the future, but never getting the chance to live.

So I have a confession to make.  When I was 12 years old, I had a bunch of hot wheel cars.  My mom sold them in a garage sale.  I never got over it.  Why is it so hard to get over some of the things that happen to us?  And it was toy cars!

So, in my 40's I started buying them again.  My wife was travelling and I was up to my neck with stress at the church.

1998 - we were designing the new building,
1999 -  was the time that the church met in the hospital and then opening the new church
2000-2001 a period of rapid change and expansive growth...

Maybe buying the cars was a diversion for my brain.
But now I am 60 years old and these cars need to get out of the boxes and live.  I have a complete set for the years 98-2001.  I have random mustangs, cameros, corvettes, trucks and who knows what.  They need to get out of their boxes and live with someone who will appreciate them.
I have track and jumps and curves and all of it.
Any ideas?
I would like to get it into the hands of someone who will appreciate it.

This morning I am shipping a box of them off to my buddy Jake.
If you want a particular kind of car, if I have it, I will mail it to you.
There is just no reason for them to sit in boxes any more.  Our lives should not be on hold in the attic.  We need to get out and live.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours



1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's alot of collected memories but maybe u ( and your mother) r right to let them go - to unload n move on in the present. hard as it may be, that's U... sharing n caring