Wednesday, December 20, 2017

3 Dreams - part three

7pm - Ft Pierce First UMC
My third dream that night was about Christmas Eve.  The worship service to be precise.

Preaching is always something that I think should be taken seriously.  Consequently I tend to be nervous about getting up in front of people and talking.  This is no more true than on Christmas Eve...

So in this third dream of the night I am fretting over what I will say this year on Christmas Eve at Ft. Pierce.  I think of all of the stories that I have told over the years and I say to myself, "well you can just use one of those."  But that does not sit well in my brain, in the dream.  Suddenly, I get an idea.  It just pops into my head.  A story that will fit very well that I don't think I have ever told.  I don't even think my family knows this story.

I was excited.  It woke me up.  I popped over to the computer and wrote the sermonette for Christmas Eve.  Now if you are at the Ft. Pierce First UMC on Christmas Eve and you hear the story, you may think that it isn't that great of a story.  You might be right. 

But here is the good news.... I have a feeling that it is the right story for the Candelight Service.  I hope God uses it.  We shall see.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

No comments: