Friday, December 15, 2017

Prejudice

My friend Brian sent me a note.... "prejudice is leaping to exclusions."  He said that I have been on a long campaign of inclusion.  I find that to be a wonderful compliment.

When I was younger, I was not a person of inclusion.  I was against this group, that group, this political party, this person that person.

All of that came to a screeching halt the day that God allowed me to see how much my words and actions were hurting people.  I still hear well meaning Christians excuse their judgement of others.  I wish to remind them that Jesus only squared off with the Pharisees.  Jesus welcomed and included all of those that the Pharisees were excluding.

I wish in the Spirit of Jesus we could help people see how much they hurt others- maybe they would stop.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

No comments: