Saturday, December 23, 2017

no standards

Anytime I talk about not judging others, there is some well meaning Christian who spouts, "so there are no standards???"

Let me ask a question.  Would you like to be judged?  What would we find?  Something I am sure.  I know we would find something because there was only one sinless person.  Oddly enough, he is the one who said, "do not judge."

If we stop judging does that mean that we have no standards?  Yes.  No more standards, only a standard, one standard, and that is to love.  Love is the mark of the Christian, it is the only standard that matters.

Read 1 Cor 13.  If I can do all of these spiritual things, but have not love.... If I have the gift of discerning who is good and bad, what is right and wrong, but have not love....

There is a standard.  It is God's gold standard.... love.  Love one another.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours