Friday, December 29, 2017

no feet

There is an old saying, "I complained that I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet."

Over the years this saying has been celebrated and maligned.  Celebrated because of the perspective that it can give a person who is unhappy, and maligned because some see it as devaluing the suffering of those who have no shoes.

In other words, should the fact that my problems are not as bad as other people's problems be a reason for me to not be concerned about or complain about my problems?

My personal response to this is that it is our responsibility regardless of the size and scope of our problems, to see the good.  We have all known people who had small problems, like worn shoes, and complained all the time.  We have also known people who had no legs but were filled with joy and a zeal for life.  Which kind of person do you want to hang around with?  Which kind of person do you wish to be?

Our outlook has to say something about our existence here on this planet.  I will add that times of suffering in the past have made me really appreciate the days that held no suffering.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com











I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

1 comment:

Unknown said...

again, I have to remember... " ain't nothin so bad that it couldn't be worse "