Sunday, December 10, 2017

this job


I was walking thru the Orlando airport on Halloween and saw the maintenance crew putting up the Christmas decorations.  I saw this guy inside the tree.... I thought about how he probably did not take this job so that he could be inside of a Christmas tree.

I thought about how it didn't seem very macho to be doing that.  Maybe he didn't care.  Maybe he was glad to be inside with air conditioning.  Maybe it made he and his friends happy to be adding to the Christmas celebration. 

Most jobs have parts that we prefer and parts that we don't prefer, but it all has to get done.  I used to put off the things that I did not want to do and then spend the rest of the day sulking over the fact that those tasks were still out there.  Now, I do the less pleasant things first and enjoy the rest of the day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com








I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and THEN " u hear the birds sing" ?