Saturday, December 9, 2017

funk

I am in a funk.  Hate to admit it but it is what it is.
I miss my friends.
I am worried about my kid.
I am frustrated over things that I wish were going better.
I am in this odd passage of life....
It's a funk.

I am gonna go take a nap.  Maybe that will help.
I may call a friend. 
I don't feel like doing anything.
It's a funk.

Years ago I had lunch with my friend Jim Lavelle.  He said, "hey I see that you are depressed.  What are you going to do about it?"  It was a wonderful reminder that I am in charge of my life.  I must take the initiative to change how I am feeling.

Gosh, I already feel better.

The thing that has always helped me in the past was going to church.  No matter how I felt during the week, going to church and being with the good folks always lifted my spirits.  I can't wait for Sunday.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like Sundays too cause I get lots of hugs....but,missin yours