Tuesday, December 26, 2017

When Christians Get it Wrong

Down the street from our house is this little church with this sign message board.  I have written about their messages before.

Now let me take a commercial break to say that I have no right to criticize the religion of another.  However, in my opinion, one of the main reasons that Christianity has fallen on hard times in America is because it has turned inward.  It has become about me, mine and ours and has forgotten about the least of these.

So here is a sign that says "Hallelujah is the highest praise."  Hallelujah means "praise God" or "Praise the Lord."  There is surely nothing wrong with praising God however, I believe that too many Christians praise the Lord and forget the rest of the world.

I still love my Amy Barlett quote, "we show our love for God by loving others." 

In the story of the Good Samaritan, the Samaritan was not celebrated for praising God, in fact, the Priest and Levite, walked by the broken man to head to church so that they could praise God.

Maybe God wants us to praise him by loving others.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com











I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: