Thursday, December 14, 2017

what do you see?

In October I was working with my friend Chris in Kansas City.  We stopped at the McDonald's the the corner of I-70 and Woods Chapel Road in Blue Springs.  We were pulling a big trailer so we parked in the back on the west side.

As I got out of the truck I noticed something down in the woods.  This is a completely undeveloped area behind and to the west of McDonald's.

Here is the picture that I took that morning....
What do you see?  Look right in the middle of the tall grass...

I zoomed in.  It is still hard to see.  Do you see the bluish gray?

It was a tent.  Just like this one pictured below.  A homeless person had set up camp there.  Maybe a couple, maybe a family, who knows.  Across the highway are all of the hotels that house the transient folks.  Super 8, Quality Inn, LaQuinta and such.  $50 a night, $300 per week.  It makes me sad when I see the school buses there to pick up the kids... from a hotel!








I guess the point of this post is this.... I own a home in Florida.  I got to fly on an airplane to KC to visit a friend.  I have a friend.  I stopped at McDonald's for a burger.  I can afford a burger.  I have a warm bed to sleep in.  Someone else, some other human that I do not know, is sleeping in a tent in the woods behind McDonald's.  Difficult in October, tragic in January.

Friends, we have so much.  I should never be allowed to complain about anything ever.  Remind me of that the next time I do complain.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

No comments: