Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Advertising Jesus

I don't believe that we should hide our faith under a bushel basket.  I believe that we should share God's love. 

But.  But.  But we need to be very careful about how we do that.   There are some advertisements that are not helpful.

What would you think of wearing a shirt like this?   How would it make you feel if you were talking to someone who was wearing one?  Well meaning Christians often do not think about how their notions of winning others actually makes people feel.  I am not sure that they care.

What about someone who is wearing a nice cross around their neck but acting like a hateful jerk?  What of the Christian on facebook that is posting judgmental things? 

And then there is this license plate.  My daughter Jennifer is moving to Jacksonville 😡.  Cathy and I
drove up there with her to help her find a place to live.  On the 3 hour trip back, we were annoyed by this car.  The driver snuck up on the shoulder and forced his way in.  He was weaving back and forth in traffic and changing lanes without a signal and with very little room.  Note the slogan on his licence plate: "Jesus- all his ways, all my days."

I wonder how many people will want to go to church with them?  I wonder how many people will want to believe in their Jesus?

If Jesus were here in person, I think that he would wear a shirt that said, "I love Pharisees too."  I think that he would be a very respectful driver, and would drive a Prius.  Or maybe like the early disciples in Acts 2, he would simply drive in one Accord.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019


No comments: