Monday, October 1, 2018

Len Dawson

I just thought of this story the other day.

I was 11 or so.  Lenny Dawson was the quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs.  My mom was dropping me and two friends, Bob Berry and Greg Fisher at the Red Bridge bowling alley.

As we got out of the car, Bob said, "look, there is Len Dawson."  I thought that was pretty cool.

We got to the door and I held the door for our group.  I continued to hold it for Len Dawson.  A couple of kids were coming in too.  I held the door and said to them, "look, that is Len Dawson."  One of the boys said, "yes I know, he is my dad."

I felt kind of dumb.  The first of many such times to come in my life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: