Thursday, October 4, 2018

Consumer Reports

I am a consumer and I am making a report.  Be very careful when buying things on Amazon or Ebay.  I try to do my homework and I can tell you that there are wide discrepancies in prices for the very same items.

My wife has a Roomba Vacuum.  It charges up and drives itself around the house.  When the cat was younger and felt up to it, he would ride around on it looking for mice.  Well, the spinner brush module went bad.  I took the Roomba apart and did some trouble shooting.  I priced the module.  $66.00 on Amazon.  I read the reviews and found that you can buy the exact same part on the Roomba website for $18.  That is a savings of $48 that I can now use for chocolate, Harbor Freight tools or a contribution to the church.

Today the water valve is out in the refrigerator.  No the cat does not
ride the refrigerator.  On Amazon, the price that shows up first is $57.99.  With a little searching I found the same item on Amazon for $17.00. I think I am going to go to TGIF for dinner tonight.

Don't jump at the first item.  Sometimes you find a better deal for the same item.  Sometimes a little exploration pays off.  Patience is a virtue.

Jeff Brinkman, part time editor
Consumer Reports

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019


No comments: