Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Uncle

A funny memory that makes me smile...

When I was a kid my Dad would occasionally tickle us until we said the magic word.

"Uncle."

Somewhere along the line, I added to this humiliating phrase that children must say to escape the tickle fest.  This is what the kids had to say in order to "tap out" or give up and be free of my torture.

"Uncle.  Dad you're the master."

As they got older, they caught on to the humor.
I would be tickling them and they would say, "ok ok ok, Dad.... you are the........ Dad you are the poop-head."
And the tickling would continue.

I loved those times when the kids were young.  Life is good now as well.  Maybe I will get some grand kids soon.

Uncle.  Grandpa.  You are the master!

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: