Friday, October 12, 2018

Cuba Cruise

A few months ago I went on a cruise to Key West and Cuba.  My wife Cathy, daughter Jennifer, her friend Chrystal and Fred and Irene Price all went along.  We had a marvelous time.

When Fidel Castro took over Cuba he nationalized all of America's gambling houses in Cuba.  Consequently we shut them out and embargoed them.  They went over to the Russians.

The embargo ended American goods and American cars going into Cuba.  If you go to Cuba today, you see a few new American cars, lots of foreign cars, lots of Russian cars, and plenty of beautiful American cars from pre-embargo days.

I love cars.  I loved seeing the old cars in Cuba.  Every street was a car show.








Note statue of Jesus in the background


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019


No comments: