Monday, October 22, 2018

Ireland - Day 5

Today we went for worship at a Methodist Church, but it was closed.  We got our timing crossed up a bit.
We visited the Blarney Castle where I did, yes I kissed the Blarney Stone.
We visited the Charles Fort.
We checked into our hotel in the town of Kinsale on the bay.

The Methodist Church in Killarney

Downtown Killarney w horse carriages, shops and a church spire.
Lots of churches in Ireland.

St. Mary's Cathedral Catholic Church in Killarney

The famous Blarney Castle built around 1450

Waiting in line to kiss the Blarney Stone.  
It was 4-5 stories up.  The staircase was spiral, narrow and wet.
But I came to Ireland and I was gonna kiss the stone.

I loved the construction of the castle. 
It was amazing.


The grounds on the castle were beautiful.

Crows on a weathervane near the castle.




Beautiful gardens at Blarney Castle

Charles Fort, Kinsale

Built in 1660 by the English to protect
against the French and the Spanish.


The fort was in use until 1922.

Marilyn Hardy finds a soldier.


I could have spent much more time at this fort. 
When I get home I am going to have to go to
St. Augustine and visit the historic Spanish fort there!

We over came an air-conditioning problem on the bus.  We are having a wonderful trip.
Hope you can join us next time!


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019



No comments: