Saturday, October 6, 2018

What if your child went missing?

My friend Susan wrote in to share this story....

Love and Light

I have been following a story for approximately 51 days, since August 1st , that has occupied my thoughts and prayers constantly. 28-year-old Samantha Sayers went missing on August 1st while on a solo day hike at Vesper Peak, northwest of Seattle WA. She was seen at the peak, and descending some time afterward, but never made it back to her car as planned by 6pm. Her fiancĂ© became worried and drove from Seattle to the mountain, and called 911 around 1am. The Snohomish Sheriff’s dept and other search and rescue groups have been searching ever since with no sign of Sam. I became aware of this story because Sam’s mom, Lisa, is someone I work with long-distance. I have never met her; she lives in Pennsylvania. I have listened to her LIVE updates on her facebook page DAILY. My “mom” heart is devastated for her and her family. I feel like I know her after 51 days. I feel her pain. I pray and pray and pray that God will lead someone to Sam and give them peace. Honestly, I have been so blessed by this family. That may sound funny, but who knows how we would feel, act, or react if we were in this position? To have a child, no matter what age, go missing with no sign. The worry, the anxiety, the anguish, the FEAR. Lisa has FAITH. She is HOPEFUL. Does she cry and fall apart sometimes? Of course! But I have learned SO much from her steadfast belief that God is in control, no matter what. If someone is negative, she just asks everyone to “bless and release” and not say anything bad about them or be angry with them. “Bless and release”!! I love that. There are approximately 33,000 followers on her facebook page praying for Sam. This has become bigger than just Sam missing. This is bringing people together in love, caring, and support. There have been donations, prayers, yellow ribbons across America, spreading the word to try and get assistance for the family once the official search was called off. Here is what Lisa posted:

Love and Light goes for everyone. You can treat others with respect whether they agree with your beliefs or not. That is what love and acceptance is. That is what represents and stands for. #findsamsayers

If someone disagrees with you or is negative, BLESS AND RELEASE. The other message here is that Sam is all about Love and Light. Be who you are. You be You. Let Me be Me. Love and Light. Bless and Release. In the face of such adversity, to be teaching us these lessons is a blessing, and needs to be passed along. Please pray for this family. #findsamsayers


No comments: