Sunday, October 7, 2018

Not That

Not That.  No.  I am not that.
But sometimes I really feel that.  Like that thing.


 Sometimes I feel lonely.  Sometimes I feel angry.  Sometimes I feel perplexed.
Worse is that sometimes I come to believe that the lonely and the me are one in the same.  I sometimes allow myself to be defined by how I feel. 

So that when I say I am perplexed, it feels as if the core of my identity is perplexed.

But no.  No.  I am not that.  And neither are you.  We can feel lonely or happy or angry or giddy or perplexed but we are not defined by our feelings.  Feelings come and go.

I am, you are, more than your feelings. 

You are God's child.  You are loved by him.  You are ok.  I am ok.  It is well with our souls.  Do not for one minute allow yourself to think that you are defined by the feeling of the day.  It will come and it will go.  Only God's love and grace to you is consistent.

Put on the grace t-shirt and let his grace define you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019


No comments: