Friday, October 5, 2018

I hate that store

I have a friend who hates a particular store.  She avoids it like the plague.

Last week she found herself headed there, dreading the encounter.  Afterwards, she wrote the
following to me...

Sometimes we go into a situation or a place not looking forward to it because we have had bad experiences in the past...like Walmart! However when walking out of the store, a man got in the way of my cart and made a funny comment about women drivers. I laughed and smiled and he said thank you for smiling, you made my day!  That positive encounter with another human made the trip worthwhile.  Sometimes it’s good when our preconceived notions of what to expect are wrong.

I comment...I am glad that this person survived the trip to Wallyworld.  I am glad that she saw the good.  For me, the effort to see the good must begin when we are pulling into the parking lot.  Have a plan... Look for a way to make a tense moment better.  Maybe in the future, she can go there and intentionally try to graze people with her cart just to make the trip fun!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: