Wednesday, November 21, 2018

a chance encounter

I'm guessing that this is around 2002.  After church on Sunday, Cathy and I went to the grocery store together.  This never happens.

We were in the Price Chopper before it expanded, we were in the west end by the coolers, walking down the aisle.  I heard a voice from behind me.

Hello. 
I stopped and turned around.
The tall, dark headed fellow said to me, you don't know me, but I have been coming to church.  I enjoyed service this morning and I  just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Tim.

First meetings.  First thoughts, first feelings.  I liked him.  He asked if we could meet for lunch.  I usually said yes to such requests, and I accepted this one gladly.

We had a great lunch.  And over the years we have had many great breakfasts and lunches.  Except for the time that I over slept and was late to First Watch.

You would never know this about Tim, but he is amazing.  Larger than life.  Famous.  But just so calm and kind and regular and down to earth.

I love this guy.  Although I don't see him often, he is one of my very best friends.  My entire family loves him and his family.

Moral of the story... don't be worried if a stranger stops you to talk at the grocery store, you may be meeting one of your future best friends.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: