Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Jesus made room for all

From my friend John Johnson...

My wife and I watched a movie this weekend titled The Greatest Showman. In the movie, one of the actresses made a statement to P.T. Barnum about him creating a home for the people who did not have a place in society. [dwarfs, bearded women, super tall, etc...]  I have thought about this a lot since watching the movie and that is what Jesus was doing. Helping broken people find a home. A real home where they are accepted for their soul and not their appearance.

My pastor made a comment yesterday that has intrigued me.

  Every one of us in the world displays a characteristic of God. If we put everyone in a room together, we might get a better picture of who God is.

I thought about this and came to the conclusion that if we follow this line of thinking, the people who intentionally hurt others do display a side of God. This is the side of God that gets angry. We do not like that side of God but it exists just like it does in all of us.

As you have said in your blog, there are issues that the church needs to wrestle with. People are desperate to have real conversations about these real issues. There has to be more meaning to life than what makes it onto our smartphone news app. I appreciate the opportunity to dialogue about these issues.

It is a beautiful snowy day in Missouri. The snow transforms the world from the dying fall look to the white beauty of winter.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: