Saturday, November 24, 2018

just his initials

Blah, blah, blah...
So if you have hung around me and listened to any of my sermons you have probably heard me say at one time or another, "I won't mention his name, just his initials."  Then I go ahead and use the person's full name.  I only do this when it is safe to do so, and humorous.  I would never want to embarrass anyone.

You might wonder, where did this crazy behavior come from?

So I was in Mr. Willens' 7th grade math class.  I sat in the back of the class in the corner and didn't really pay much attention to the lessons.  Mr. Willens had a dry sense of humor and was known to invite disruptive class members to join him after school for cake and ice cream.  Yes, I joined that party several times.

Anyway, after the first test, Mr. Willens stood up and announced that the test results are back.  "All good," he said, "A's and B's."  "Oh but there was one F.  I won't mention his name, just his initials, Jeff Brinkman."

Everyone laughed.  I was embarrassed, but it did motivate me to work harder in his class.  And it is a joke that I have stolen and used many times over the years.

And now you know the rest of the story.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: