Saturday, November 17, 2018

One

I found this quote online and decided to post a blog about it.

There are many reasons why we don't reach for others. 
Maybe I am busy.
Maybe I am being selfish today.
Maybe I forgot that they were a person too.
Maybe I am nervous.
Maybe I don't want to have interpersonal contact.
Maybe I think that they want something from me.
Yes to all of those maybe's.

But never forget that you have tremendous power to express God's love.  You can make a tremendous difference in someone's life.  You. You. YOU can do it.

One smile can start a friendship.
One word can end a fight.
One look can save a relationship.
One handshake can make a person's day.
One act of kindness can restore hope.
Calling someone by name can bring them joy.

Just because we can't do everything doesn't mean that we shouldn't do what we can.  You have the power to make the world a beautiful place for God.

One touch.  One hug.  One gift.  One kind word.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: