Monday, November 5, 2018

Books part 2

A few days ago I wrote a post about my favorite books and shared the attached picture.

A friend wrote in to make fun of me.  He said, "ha ha you have the book Walking on Water in the picture twice.  Welcome to old age."  He attached a meme of a guy in a wheelchair. 😞

I wrote back and let him know that I really liked that book a lot.  Twice as much as the others.

By the way it's not nice to make fun of people.  I won't mention the person's name who made fun of me, I'll just give you his initials... Aaron Israelite.  In the picture below is Dave Harris, me and Aaron is on the right.  This of course was back when he was nice to me.

A bit more on the book Walking on Water.  This book changed my life.  It taught me so much about
Dave, Jeff and Aaron
forgiveness, forgiving others and forgiving myself.  It taught me about grace and seeing the good.  The reason I started writing this blog all those years ago was because I was so excited about what I was learning in that book I wanted to find a way to share.  I once bought 100 copies of the book and spent the next 8 years giving them away.

Anyway, if you struggle with guilt, depression, or not seeing the good, get the book Walking on Water.  Heck buy two... just don't let Aaron know.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019


No comments: