Thursday, November 8, 2018

waste not want not

When I was a kid there was only one selection.  Life was less complicated.  There was one brand of band-aids.  Band-aid brand of course.  There was only one style of band-aids that came in an assortment, in a can.

There was only one kind of checking account, one back on a quarter, one donut at the donut shop [it made ordering a donut much easier.]  Anyway, life was much simpler in the day.

So back to band-aids.  In the band-aid can there were three or four kinds, depending on the wound at hand.  Our favorites were the long 3/4 inch wide ones.  They went around a finger well and were used up first.  Always at the end of the can, when everything else was used up, were the little round ones.  I can remember asking mom if we should throw them away.  She always said the same thing.  "NO! Waste not want not."  I would always wonder what we would ever use all of those little round band-aids for.  When mom died I inherited 5 old band-aid cans full of little round band-aids.

Well my mom was smarter than I thought.  A few weeks ago I went to the dermatologist and had a few little "things" burned off of my face.  She said, "this is going to sting a little."   Really???  That was more than a little.

Now I am at home nursing the wounds.  Neosporin and you got it, little round band-aids.  Thanks mom for the heads up.

I am not recommending that you become a hoarder, but you may want to be careful what you throw away, it may come in handy some day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: