Monday, November 12, 2018

not every wound

I put this shirt on a few weeks ago for church.  Just as I got it all buttoned up, I noticed the stain.  Seems that someone had borrowed my white shirt, ate in my white shirt and dribbled on it.  It could not have been me.

It has already been through the cleaners once, but I took it back to them again and showed them the stain.  When I picked it up, they apologized and said that they were unable to get the stain out.

Some stains come out.  Some stains don't.

Some wounds heal and go away.  Some become a scar.  Jesus can heal lots of things, but some of them we still carry.

If your life has a stain or a wound that just won't seem to come out, welcome to the human race.  None of us are perfect.  Keep working on it as you can.  Love and forgive.  Repeat.  Love and forgive.  Repeat.  Love and forgive.

That wound may hang around for a while, but don't let it dominate the story of your life.  Wash it daily with love and forgiveness.  Repeat.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: