Wednesday, August 4, 2021

A big fat cry

So a few weeks ago on a Saturday morning I was driving home from Jacksonville. I was listening to music and the song Drink a Beer came on by Luke Bryan. It's a sad song about him losing someone that he loved. Whenever that song comes on I always think of Dan Horn. I started to cry. I thought about how much I love Dan and how much I miss him. I thought about how unfair it is, how wrong it is, but he’s gone and there is nothing that I can do.

I thought about a couple of other things in my life that haven’t turned out the way that I wanted them to and I had a really good cry. A big whopping crocodile tears rolling down my face cry.  And I remembered the old saying “sometimes in life you get what you want and sometimes in life you get what you get.”

But I want to tell you today I think that we will always have a heartache or two. I’m glad for the times that we can cry and I am glad for the times that we can rise above it. Sometimes it’s OK to cry. It’s OK to have a big sob. God still loves us and I’m so thankful for friends that hurt when we hurt and cry when we cry.  May your heartaches be few and your times of crying be few and far between.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: