Monday, August 16, 2021

I'm more important

Many of us can forgive others, but have trouble forgiving ourselves.  A reader wrote in about her experience, "I accepted that God had forgiven me but struggled to forgive myself... I finally realized my inability was as though I was "of more importance" than God. That's humbling."

If God says you are forgiven, but you say, you are not, does that make you more important than God?  How about we just forgive ourselves.  How about we just let grace do its job, for others, and for us.  Maybe this is the thought that will finally help us to forgive ourselves.  

God has separated us from our sin, as far as the east is from the west.  Psalm 103:12

He has the final word.  That is the final word.  You are forgiven.  You are graced.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure



"


No comments: