Wednesday, August 18, 2021

What I did in Kansas City

From time to time I make a pilgrimage to Kansas City.  This is where I am from.  I was born at St. Luke's hospital when the only one was on the Plaza.  My childhood home is there.  My parents are buried there.  My mother in law is still there.

My friends are there.  Yes, I have some new friends in Florida, but my life long friends are in Kansas City.  I go there to see them and to work.

When I work I do random handyman work for people.  I also work for my friend who has a small steel company.  Commonly I cut sound proofing material into various sizes to fit into walls of buildings that he is building.  I also cut and drill gaskets that go in-between various steel members.  I love the work... no employees to worry about and no upset members.  Simple mindless work.  Just keep your hands out of the table saw.

Going to Kansas City is healing for me.  It connects me to my roots.  I am actually flying in to KC today.  Royals game tonight.  Lake day on Saturday.  All good!!!

The sound proofing product comes in sheets 50x100


It is cut to various sizes on the table saw.  Be careful!!!



Manifest added and shrink wrapped.

Gaskets drilled

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: