Monday, August 2, 2021

Oh my, what to do?

So I had this random discussion with a couple. They own a house and a condo. They bought their house 5 years ago for $400,000. Last week they got an offer to sell it for $800,000. They are not sure if they want to take the money and move into their condo or keep their house. They are 65 - they’re my age. They don’t need any more money, they have plenty.

They asked my opinion, so I asked them if they could make a decision based on how much good they could do. How much can you help others in this story?  Friends, some of us have these amazing blessings, these fortunate blessings that we’ve had, how can we use them to help others?  Just ask yourself, how can you use what God has given you to bless others??? 

The problem is that there are people with millions, that still don't think that they have enough.  At some point, we have to stop wanting more.  At some point we have to come to believe that we have enough.

So, if you don't need the money, just help the people have something, that never had anything.  Just help people. So many people will never have the opportunities that you and I have had.  You and I were born rounding third base.

If you don't need it, just give it away.  It will make your life happy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: