Thursday, August 5, 2021

Grieving what should have been

Sometimes I find myself grieving what should have been, missing what could have/should have been. Missing the mother that I wish she would’ve been. Missing the fact that I didn’t get to spend my entire life with that friend. Missing every moment that I’m away from people that I love. Missing the thought that much of my life has not measured up to the ideals and hopes that I had for it.

And so when those feelings come along, we have to remember that God loves us. Life isn't perfect. This is some pretty raw stuff, but if you can relate to what I am saying, you probably need some good words. Life rarely turns out the way that we wanted it to. And it is ok.

It is ok. Everything is ok. Life is bigger than my expectations.

And it's still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: