Friday, August 13, 2021

Don't be so hard on yourself

I have a friend, a reader who writes from time to time and always says, "Jeff don't be so hard on yourself."  Well I get that.  Sometimes it may sound like I am being hard on myself, but what I am really trying to do is give the reader a glimpse into the dance that takes place in my brain.

I know the good.  I seek to do it.  But I don't always get the job done.  So I write about the struggle and the failure.  I want the reader to see the brokenness in my life.  Because if I have it, and I can be honest about it, maybe you will find some encouragement when you face difficulty.

As my friend Margaret recently wrote, "Thanks...sometimes we think we are the only ones...but I see you are in the club too."

Keep your chin up. Don't be so hard on yourself.  We are all in the club.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: