Friday, September 3, 2021

Forgive, forget and move on

[I wrote this two days ago]

Today I am meeting Mike at the Metal Galvanizing company in Jacksonville.  Mike was very good to me last week when I was there and my truck broken down.  He let me sit in the airconditioned office and loaned me a phone charger while I was waiting to be rescued.  Today on the way to his business, I am going to stop at the grocery store and buy him some Russell Stover candies as a thank you.

I want to give Mike the same joy and grace that he gave me.  He deserves that.  In fact, everyone deserves that.  Even complete strangers deserve love and grace from you and me.

But what if for some reason, I allowed the hurts of the past to occupy my mind today?  What if I became consumed with how my mother raised me?  What if I couldn't get my mind off of the rejection that I feel from those people?  What if I was stuck in the negative?

Then I would be no good for Mike, no good for myself, and no good for anyone.  

At some point, we need to forgive, forget and move on so that we can be present with the people that we need to be present for today.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: