Friday, September 10, 2021

See the good

For some reason we humans tend to gravitate to "what is wrong."  And for some folks, the moment that list is fixed, they come up with another list of what is wrong.

Where did we get the idea that everything would go our way?  Are we so spoiled that we think that no heartache will come to us?

When we focus on what is wrong, it keeps us from seeing the good.  And there is so much good:

  • I woke up today.
  • I can see. [I have a scratch on my eye that is bothering me though]
  • I can breathe.
  • I have a car that runs. [not always the case when I was young.]
  • There is food in the fridge.
  • I can read.
  • I own a computer.
  • I have a lot of friends that love me.

Instead of talking about what is wrong, let's talk about what is right.  We are so fortunate.  We are so blessed.  We have so much.  I wish I would, I wish that we all would work harder to focus on the good.  There is so much.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: