Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Marie

I was flying out of Kansas City, heading to Jacksonville to work at the Seminole Power Plant for my buddy Dave. 

There’s a restaurant in the Kansas City airport near gate 57 called Top of the Crown.  I went up there for lunch and it was packed. And so there was a wait... a line of people waiting to be seated.  When it was my turn for a seat I was placed in a booth that would sit four people.  I had waited 20 minutes and I knew what those in line were facing, so I invited a number of people in line if they wanted to join me.

Several declined... I guess that I looked scary.  But a young woman named Marie, 18 years old from the Philippines sat down.  And for the next 20 minutes we talked.  We talked about her job at a care center, about her desire to go to college and become a psychologist. She was so bright and so friendly and so kind. We talked at length about how important it is to be kind and good to people.  

In the midst of a busy day with lots going on it was very refreshing to talk to someone who believes in kindness.  She is so young, and yet she gets it!!!   You and I can be that person too.  We can be the person that is just going to show kindness.  We can be the person that will talk about kindness.  We can bring a smile to the face of another.  

I will never see Marie again.  But being kind is beautiful.  Talking with a stranger about the importance of kindness warmed my heart. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure




No comments: