Monday, September 27, 2021

It's like gold

I have Irish skin.  It is red and splotchy and it gets sunburned very easily.  When I was a kid if I was out in the sun I would get a big red rash all over.  It was so itchy.

Back then, they had a new miracle drug 'hydrocortisone' that would stop the itching.  It worked well, but my mother constantly complained about how expensive it was.  She would say, "this is like buying gold."  She had so many creative ways to make us feel bad.

So the other day I was in CVS and I saw this low price for hydrocortisone.  I was happy.  No parent would cringe when buying this product.  No other children will be shamed for the cost.  If you have any family members that need this, let me know and I am buying!!!

Friends, money is not as important as we sometimes think.  Will it really hurt me to spend that $20?  Will it really hurt me to tip 25%?  Life is short.  People matter so much more than money.  People matter so much more than money.  Buy the lunch.  Cover the person in front of you in line that is short.  Buy Starbucks for the person, for the next three people behind you.

Worrying about money makes us crazy.  Being generous is beautiful.

Use your money and your time to invest in people.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: