Saturday, September 25, 2021

Spiders

An apology... yesterday's post was from my friend Pat... I always want to give credit when other people submit things and I missed it yesterday...

On to today's post... In the 70's Jim Stafford sang, "I don't like spiders and snakes."  I completely agree.  When I am in Kansas City I stay [usually] at Derek and Megan's carriage house.  It is lovely and a great setting for me.  I really appreciate them letting me crash there.

But oh, the spiders!!!  They are big.  The body is the size of a dime.  They make web's in no time at all.  The other morning I woke up and headed out for work.  One of the monsters had built a web over the front door and my face walked right into it.

Then the panic sets in.  I cannot get a spider web off of my head fast enough.  I hope to heaven that he is not on me.  Good, I'm safe.  He is not on me.  Now it is time for search and destroy.

I see him hiding in the corner of the doorway.  It took three tries but I squished him.  There may be another web in the morning, but not from him.

I left a fly swatter on the floor by the front door to remind me to knock down any webs.  Spiders and snakes = one of the ways that God keeps us humble.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure


No comments: