Thursday, September 9, 2021

Happy Birthday


Bruce on the left with Dave Harris
at Nick Swanson's wedding.
Today is my friend Bruce's birthday.  Happy Birthday Bruce!!!

I love that we get to love people in this life.  Bruce is one of my favorite humans.

Now on to today's topic.  Not a happy one:  rejection.



Rejection is one of the most painful things that I have ever experienced in my life. I was friends with rejection before I could even name it. The reason that I was familiar with rejection was because I had parents that really didn’t want children. They didn’t hold their children.   Can you imagine spending the rest of your life wishing that someone would hold you?

My parents were trying to survive having children, and we children didn’t even understand that we should’ve been wanted. I was cut from the baseball team when I was in sixth grade- that was a new experience for me. I was kicked out of Boy Scouts because I got into a fight with the scoutmaster‘s son. I was laughed out of humanities class in college as I well I should’ve been.  That's a story for another day.

I’ve been set aside many times in my life.  It’s never fun and it’s never easy. But whenever we face rejection we have a choice to make.  Do you accept it and fall into the gutter and cry or do you get up and go on?  Can we learn to say that life is bigger than this recent rejection?   There is still so much good.  Let's step out and find a way to be a part of the solution.

Life is good, life is beautiful, life is amazing.  There’s so much to celebrate in this life and we just have to keep giving it our best. Some people don’t want our best but we have to keep giving life our very best.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: