Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Change

Change. Changed lives. It's all about the change that God can make in your life by the Holy Spirit. Here I am at 6am, wondering what to write about. Then I read Dave's comment from Monday's post. Now I am sitting here at 6am with tears in my eyes.

I thank God for every life that has been changed at our church. For every marriage saved, for every youth that has grown up here and "got it." I thank God for men and women who are pursuing grace, who are seeking to be the best, the most kind person that they can be.

Mostly, as Dave mentions, I am thankful for the Holy Spirit, who reaches into our lives and touches us. John Wesley talked about grace instead of the Holy Spirit. Prevenient grace is the grace that is at work in us, even before we are aware of God. Justifying grace converts us. Sanctifying grace makes us sweeter. Whatever you call it, it is good. God is good and His mercy endures forever.

I thank all of you for listening to the voice of the Lord and pursuing a life that is leaning on Him.

It's a beautiful day in God's be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prevenient grace. The Methodist book of discipline says that grace "awakens in us an earnest longing for deliverance from sin and death and moves us toward repentance and faith". My earnest longing didn't come until I really listened to the Holy Spirit. Grace awakened my soul to God's will for me, the Holy Spirit guides it.

Dave T