Monday, August 18, 2008

mind games

Mind games. Those things that I get to worrying about and a little dance begins in my brain. All of us have these things. Things that you are trying to figure out. Things that you are trying to get your mind around.

Here are some of mine: Getting my mind around my wife travelling more than she already does. Getting my mind around raising children, it's a bit late for me to be thinking about this. Getting my mind around how old the kids are. Next year, all three of them will be in college. Getting my mind around mandatory retirement from softball. Getting my mind around people that don't like me. Getting my mind around helping the church move into it's future.

That is a lot for one brain to be working on.

What are you working on? Your list is probably as long or even longer.

What do you do to work on such stuff? It is important to keep our eyes off of the circumstances and worry, and keep our eyes on trusting God. When we can keep focused on God's presence, we can see the good and enjoy the day. Sometimes, you have to just keep pointed in the right direction and put one hopeful foot in front of the other. It will all work out. Even if it doesn't, and I carry concerns to my grave, there is no point in spending life thinking about the worries.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I think this topic that you mention here ties back nicely to this past Sunday's sermon. A person's got to be looking out the windshield instead of the rear view mirror. DT