Tuesday, August 5, 2008

If your church was gone

If your church was gone, would anyone notice besides the members? Is your church having an impact on anyone besides those who attend there?

The strength of a church is not measured by the number of people in the pews or the amount of money that comes in on Sunday. The strength of a church is measured by the difference that it is making in the community around it.

It is not enough for us to learn about Jesus. That alone is self serving. Jesus looked for people who would become the Good Samaritan.

Is your life impacting the poor? Is your church reaching the needy? The message of God's forgiving love is not carried on words alone. It is often most carried by the hands and feet of those who are bringing a cup of cold water in his name.

I am sure that your family will be at your funeral. Wouldn't it be nice if there were another 100 people in attendance who stood up one after the other at your funeral and said things like this:
"I was hungry and he fed me"
"I was naked and she clothed me."
"I needed a place to stay and he helped me."
"I was thirsty and she gave me a drink."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: