Sunday, August 10, 2008

Do not push

Do not push me. Do not challenge me. I do not want to grow. I do not want to learn. I cannot eat green eggs and ham. I will not do it. If you ask me to change, I will find another church.
Hmmm........ever thought like this? We will never become the person God wants us to be, we will never become the church that God wants us to be until we are ready to grow past our current comfort zone.

Spiritually developed people are not measured by the number of times they are in church in a given year. Nor are they measured by the spiritual groups that they are involved in. Nor by the amount of money that they give to the church. Spiritually developed people are those who are willing to set aside their personal preference and comfort for the sake of the mission of Jesus Christ.
The truth of who we are and what God calls us to be is not always easy, pleasant, or what we want to hear, but it is always good stuff. Listening to the hard things is always what takes us into God's purpose.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Lion's Den Man said...

Read this early this morning. It seemed relevant.

Bob Buford wrote, “People need to see our faith, not merely hear about it. When our beliefs are personal and privatized, practiced only inside a building once a week, we Christians miss out on that glorious opportunity to be salt and light. Worse, I believe that when faith continues to be directed inward, we become one-dimensional, uninteresting, and wholly self-centered persons. “

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man