Thursday, March 12, 2020

I'm swimming

I'm swimming in a pool.  Sometimes I think I am drowning in a pool.  But then I grab a hold of myself and I am swimming, not drowning...

As a retired person I watch the stock market and I have funny feelings.  Not that funny really.
My daughters have moved three hours away... I hate that.
A close family member is very sick.  Very sick.
I'm having doubts about the kind of father that I was.
I can't do handyman work as well as I used to [ladders are difficult and I am losing my skills.]
I routinely walk into a room and stop, and then ask myself, why did I come in here?
I sense that I am a figment of my former self.
I can't remember the punch lines to my own jokes.
My friend wants to end their life.  I can't find the words to help them.

I'm swimming.  Not drowning, but swimming.

When I was young I had it together.  I had the answers.  Now I, I, I, well, sometimes I look for a good place to land.

If you are swimming in life, dog paddling, just know that you are not alone.  From time to time I think that all of us can say, "can you let this cup pass from me?"
Is there another way?

And the good news is, at the end of our struggle, God is there, God is with us, and has always been.
And so finally, we can go to sleep at night and know that all is well.  God is with us.  It is well with our souls.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: