Friday, March 13, 2020

sadness

I am ten years old.  I am at the swimming pool waiting for my mom to pick me up.

I have a
swimming mask with a metal ring around the glass that holds the lens in.  I am swinging it around like a ten year old kid would do.  Randomly it strikes my right knee and takes out a deep slice of skin and such.

When my mom gets there, blood is running down my leg.  I apologize because the towel is getting bloody.  She looks at it and almost passes out.  We go home.

When Dad gets home she tells him that she is taking me for stitches.  He says no.  It will heal up fine.  I remember looking at it and thinking that it was really deep.

Well it did heal over time.  Like many things in our life that we think won't heal, many of them finally do.

And so, like all of us, I carry the stories of pain, the stories of sadness, and the hope for a better day.

I think that most of us carry a few scars from the journey.
But we keep going.  We keep marching.  We keep loving.  We keep moving toward grace.

It is our only choice.  Keep after it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: