Monday, March 9, 2020

Move over Jeff

So let's get into the wayback machine Sherman.  Let's go way back.  It is 1973 and I live in San Jose California and I am a new driver.  One of the places that my friends and I like to go is to the beach.  Highway 17 up over the foothills and down into Santa Cruz.

The highway is two lanes each way, but it is narrow and winding.  Entrance ramps on are short.

And so we are driving home from the beach, the road is crowded and a guy is trying to merge in from an entrance ramp.  I am going a consistent speed and I am not budging for this guy.  My brain says, "speed up or slow down buddy, find a hole."  I did nothing to help him get in.  Finally the guy has to hit the brakes and fall in behind me.

In the passenger seat is my friend Mark who is not a Christian.  He says, "why didn't you let him in?"  I said, "he can find his own way in.  I am going the speed that I am going."  Mark said, "my gosh, this is why I am not a Christian."

I have never forgotten that story.
Not one of my shining moments.

Sometimes we need to move over.
Sometimes we need to get out of the way.
Sometimes we need to make room for others.
Sometimes we need to change our trajectory.
They'll know we are Christians by our love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours





No comments: