Monday, March 23, 2020

the watch battery

My watch died.
Instead of having a funeral, I took it to Zeran Jewelers on the miracle mile.  If you live in Vero or Ft. Pierce, they are great people and they replace watch batteries for $5.  Can't beat that and as a bonus there is a Jersey Mike's sub shop next door.

So it is 1pm and few people are out because of the corona virus scare.  Small businesses feel the worry because of a lack of customers.  I walk in the store.  I am the only one there.  The lady greets me.  I tell her I have a dead soldier.  She takes my watch and puts in a new battery.  She sets the time.  She sets the correct date.

I tell her thank you.
I always say thank you.  To everyone.
I think that it is important to say thank you and to help people understand that you appreciate what they did, even if it is their "job."

I turned to leave.
When I got to the door I stopped.
I turned around and spoke to her.
"Maam..."
"Maam..."
"I mean, thank you.  really... thank you..."

In this time of uncertainty, maybe we will begin to see each other as people.  Maybe the pain of the fear and worry will cause us to reach out and love one another.

Thank you for reading this blog.  Thank you for loving me.
Thank you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: