Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Resume

When I moved to Florida in 2016 I was assigned to a very nice church, but the appointment did not work out. I was crushed and broken. I limped home with my tail between my legs. I took a leave of absence and then later took retirement. I could not see a time when I would ever want to serve a church again or try to speak for God.  Never.

I did fill in at Ft. Pierce when Pastor Tim was deployed with the Navy. That was a very good experience and went a long way to help me heal. I work there part time now as the care and visitation guy.

A few months ago I decided to update my resume. I was starting to have the feeling that I wanted to serve a church again. Part of the change was the healing of time. Part of it was encouragement from
friends. Pat Starke said something that really helped me a lot. My heart is coming back to life. Just like when E.T. comes back to life in the movie, my sense of calling has returned. Now I have to tell you, that for me, that is big news. Something has come back into my heart that has been gone for a while.

I turned my resume in to two District Superintendents and the Bishop’s assistant. I have heard from two of them. I don’t know if there will be an assignment for me, and I am ok with whatever happens. I love my part time job at Ft. Pierce. But I wanted to tell you how exciting it is to feel my heart strangely warmed again.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland in July... If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: