Tuesday, March 22, 2022

A note to the lady

This is a note to the lady from yesterday's blog...  

Dear Lady,

Do you know how you made me feel?  First let's take the fact that you decided to intrude into our space with your comments.  We did not go to that restaurant to listen to your stuff.

But worst of all, is how your judgment made me feel.  The shame and finger pointing hurt.  It hurt for about an hour, until I got over your smallness.  If this is how your church teaches you to make friends and influence people, you need to take another look at your methods.

Think of 1 Corinthians 13... If I love my interpretation of the Bible, but have not love, I am a clanking cymbal.  If I care enough about people to try to fix them, but have not love, well, you have not love.

Honestly I am completely over your words.  You accomplished nothing but to remind me that love comes first.  Always and only, love comes first.  

End of note...

Now to my blog readers... may this episode be a reminder to all of us how much it stings when we are critical of another.  May it remind us that Jesus was against judgment for a reason.  If you feel yourself beginning to judge another, stop yourself.  Judging others hurts us as much as it hurts the person we deliver the judgment to.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: