Monday, March 21, 2022

Really???

So I met a friend from the Fort Pierce Church for lunch. We were having a discussion about the impending separation of the United Methodist church. When we were getting ready to leave, the lady behind me felt the need to sort of jump in and explain who was right and who was wrong. She was explaining that her concert of theology was much superior to mine.  Her view of the Bible the correct one.

I was surprised, "right here in the restaurant lady?"  "You’re a complete stranger to me and yet you feel the need to instruct me on applicable biblical views. You know I would love to take the time to sit down and talk through some of this with you but I don’t think it would help."

 It was clear that she wasn’t going to stop, so I just said to my friend "let’s go," and we did. As Christians our job is to love people not to straighten them out. The reason so many people are not interested in the church anymore is because of the judgment and the intrusion that so many well-meaning Christians deliver to people. 

Thank God that our God is a God of love. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: