Tuesday, March 1, 2022

No more united

A screen shot from their web site.
I ran into some members of First United Methodist Church in Vero.  They were ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at Christmas time.  We got to chatting and they told me that they were no longer a part of the United Methodist Church.

They have voted to disaffiliate from our denomination.  Their sign no longer reads "First United Methodist Church."  The United is gone and now they are going by the First Methodist Church.  I am wondering what the future holds for them?  Will they be a stand alone church?  Will they connect to other churches that leave our denomination?

I hear from the grapevine that some of our churches in Missouri are leaving the denomination as well.  I find it all so sad.  I worked for so many years in a denomination that I loved.  I am sorry to see so many friends go.

I am trusting that we who remain can remain united.

It's still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: