Thursday, March 24, 2022

River Cruise Day 1

So on Saturday I drove to Orlando to start the process of flying to Amsterdam for the River Cruise.

The airport was packed!!! So packed that I almost missed my flight from Orlando to Atlanta.  I finally got to the gate and the flight was delayed.  All of that worry, all of that consuming concern about missing a flight was for nothing.

How many times does that happen in our lives?  I worried about something that it turns out there was no reason for me to worry about at all.

The flight was delayed an hour.  Then we sat on the tarmac for an hour because of bad weather.  When we finally took off, I knew that I would have to hurry to get on board the flight to Amsterdam.  Again, more worry.  I got to the plane 5 minutes before the boarding door was closed.

Off we went.  I had the pleasure of sitting next to two really good guys:  Marco, who forever now will be called Marco Polo and Adam Sandler.  Sandler is in high school, studying to be an auto mechanic/design engineer.  Marco does something with financial institutions that I do not understand.

We talked and listened and shared stories.  I told a few jokes.  Yes, if you can believe that, I told a few jokes.  I slept a little bit and then we arrived.


At the airport we found Shane who was driving a little people moving cart.  We hopped on and he drove us right up to customs and got us right through.  It was awesome.

Unfortunately, although I made the flight to Amsterdam, my luggage did not.  So I will be smelly if it does not show up in a couple of days.  I may have to start carrying around some limburger cheese.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure


No comments: